Duelist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailift

Aug 9, 2016
dear community

I used to play toxic in 2012-2013 and duelist was really OP when +30 skills and shiet...now after 3 years are they still the same way as they were? Me and my friend are thinking about playing Toxic again, but we like to know if duelist was nerfed or still pretty strong when setup right...

thanks for answering....

Cheers...

Exoder

Nov 19, 2012
They were a bit modified if I'm not mistaken, but as you said - with the right setup Duelists still doing serious damage :)

Tailift

Aug 9, 2016
Thx for respond.
What kind of modification done to duelist? Lowered skill damage? How many % lowered? Duelist is one of the slowest class in L2 all skills need to be charged even with sonic move they still easily kite by many classes...so why did GM made modification on such a raw power class? And only strong duelist I ever seen was DuelBlade but he was +30 skills full FS...not all duelist can reach that stat easily, so it's unfair to modify this class in my opinion...

So long Toxic

Exoder

Nov 19, 2012
If I remember correctly, skill power was a bit lowered, and that was the consequense of that "DuelBlade era", when in olympiad Duelist was able to kill a tank with 1 Sonic Buster, for example (I also managed to kill hero paladin with A grade items, LOL). Let's face it, that damage was too OP. IMO, now Duelists are pretty much balanced.

The problem is, that when they lowered Duelist damage, the DB damage in olys remains the same. Anyways, just try the Duelist yourself and if you are not a noob with this class, you will kill for sure. :)

Tailift

Aug 9, 2016
I understand Duelist was pretty OP in Oly, so i think blaze did lowered their skill damage for "Oly" only...what about normal pvp, did skill damage also changed for normal pvp? I don't plan on play Oly anyway, so normal pvps is what we are looking for, small ganks like old days...:p
Exoder, since you are the only one answering post now, I feel the community is pretty dead atm...how's in game population looks like? I remember the old Toxic days, catas/necros/mos/varka was best pvp areas, what about now days? I know its been 3,4 years pass already...but I would like to know before I do anything with this server again...
Thank you for answering my question.

Exoder

Nov 19, 2012
Not sure if the damage in pvp was also modified, but I cant complain (played Duelist ~0,5 year ago) - the class both in olys and outside was good, especially vs classes that can't kite you. I just got a bit bored because of slow running speed and the fact that the class is a bit "static", like in pvp you just spam mass skills, triple, disarm, max sonic, repeat. Also held hero for all of those months :) Anyways, the class is still one of my favourite. Now I'm doing a break, but I guess I'll be back on Wind Rider (iNsiders) in a month or two.

About the server activity - in comparison to the activity 3-4 years before, it's less active... But TW, sieges are still a quality, fun pvp if you are in one of the biggest clans. In reference to regular outside pvp - sometimes you can find it pretty easily, sometimes no. I'd simply suggest to try the server for a few days to make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.